The People’s Republic of China donated ₱150 million for the construction of thirteen (13) school buildings in Davao City. It was given to the Tapang at Malasakit Alliance, which serves as a conduit between the Chinese Government and the Department of Education (DepEd) for this project.
The ceremonial groundbreaking in Agdao Elementary School last Friday, October 5, was spearheaded by lead convenor of Tapang at Malasakit Alliance and also Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte. This event also coincides with the celebration of World Teacher’s Day.
“Education and investing in the youth are truly a worthwhile endeavor that we, as Dabawenyos, must undertake. With partners and friends from various sectors in our city and even outside the country, I believe that our children’s future will be brighter and more secure,” she added.
Aside from Agdao Elementary School, other school buildings to be built under this donation are the following:
- Acacia Elementary School, Mudiang Elementary School
- San Miguel Elementary School
- Mabuhay National High School
- Baguio Central Elementary School
- Cadalian Elementary School
- Malalan Elementary School
- Upper Sirib Elementary School
- Ula Elementary School
- Wines High School – Ampon Campus
- Marilog National High School
- Salaysay National High School
The People’s Republic of China is very happy to extend help after seeing how the city values education, as mentioned by Zhao and also adding that “education is the key to the betterment of young people.”